When preparing your home for sale, consider these five steps to make your home really seen and unforgetable to the home buyer.
- Hire A Professional Cleaner – This is probably the most important task when selling your home. Unless you are an exceptional cleaner, hire a professional. I can not stress this enough. Everyone’s idea of clean is different. Get the job done by someone who has excellent cleaning standards and takes care of all the nitty gritty tasks of taking the curtains down and cleaning them, cleaning behind the stove, dusting and cleaning inside the closets, to washing the garage floor. It is so important to have the house look its best.
- Clear Clutter – remove all items that would distract the buyers when they come to look at the house. That includes an excess of magazines, photos, toys, anything that is personal. The fewer the items, the better. The prospective owners want to feel like they can move right in to the house and make it their own. If there are a lot of photos of the current owners, the prospective buyers may not think of the house as potentially theirs. Leave instead a floral bouquet on the dining room table or kitchen counter. Fresh flowers are a great welcome to dreary house hunting.
- Paint – Any area that needs it should get a fresh coat of white or off white paint. Paint makes everything look new. What better image for the prospective buyer to see.
- First Impressions – make the front door sparkle. You only have one chance to make a first impression. If the front door needs a paint job, be sure to give it a fresh coat. Pick a color that is appropriate for the outside and inside of the house. When you leave the door open to the living room, that color should work there as well. If there is space, add some potted plants at the front door. The front door and entryway should be fresh and clean looking.
- Curb Appeal – There’s no question about it, the approach to the house it very important. In addition to making the front door “sparkle”, make sure the lawn is in good shape, the mailbox gets a fresh coat of paint, the shrubs are trimmed. Anything you can do to help the prospective buyer feel comfortable and excited about the home helps to keep your asking price stable.
Extra Tip: Bake some brownies shortly before the showing. Leave them out for the prospective buyers. It shows them you care about your home and the home has a warm cozy, home cooking kind of feel to it.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.